I have been trying to express some colostrum for the last 5 days. I know it's early, but if I go into labour early I will have none. So I'm taking the chance.
Nate needed formula to bring up his blood sugars as I couldn't supply him with enough of my own milk and this bub has even more chance of having low blood sugars because of my GD. To avoid formula top ups I need to have a stash of colostrum.
The first night I tried, I got less than 0.1ml out of each breast. That was hand expressing.
I tried another two nights and got nothing, not even moisture! :(
I've been trying to drink as much water as I can remember too!
I managed to pick up a free electric breastpump off Freecycle and it has been great! I've figured out how to use it and although it really hurts, I've been able to get out 2 x as much as my first try. I'm so proud!
My nipples are now killing me though. Have already opened my sample tube of bepanthen.
But it's all worth it.
Just wish Shaun was more supportive :(
be careful with using the breast pump so early.. It can bring on labour, espicaially if you are prone to early ones too xxxx
ReplyDelete