Thursday, April 28, 2011

36w + 2d - Thu 28th April

Went into labour with Nate today at 36+2. I was at work all day and didn't "realise" I was in labour. I knew something was going on as I'd had a lot of "changes" but I really thought I was just having some back pain and annoying Braxton Hicks.
I had the next day off work for a midwife appointment but decided to call Shaun and tell him I was stopping at the hospital on the way home. They checked me, laughed at me and sent me home, where my water broke and we went straight back to the hospital. Nate was born a few short hours later after about 1 hour 18min of pushing.

THANKFULLY this bubba is staying put for now. But in week 37 I wouldn't mind bubba deciding to come. I can't describe how much I DON'T want to be induced *cries*

I have been exressing with my electric pump twice a day for the last few days. I spilt some boob juice this morning and almost cried! :O The syringe I was transferring my milk to got jammed and quickly squirted milk into the air and all over me and the floor. It was heart breaking! Especially as it takes like and hour or more to get just a few small drops! AND it hurts!
BUT I got 1.5ml out from 2 sessions yesterday - and I WOULD have had more than 1ml just from this mornings session! YAY! So my boobs are definitely improving! I'm very happy.

I had to cancel my OB's appointment for today as we just can't afford the petrol. But I've kept my GP's appointment and I'm also going to try to organise another CTG at the hospital next door for either before or after I see the DR. I'm unsure how we will go. The OB wanted to see me again to check my GD blood sugar levels and they have NOT been behaving. I hope Dr Phil is nicer to me than the OB was. Must remember to take a wee sample! I always forget.

My god. I had the worst pain in my cervix last night. I have been trying to sit with my pelvis open to helps bubs drop down and MY GOD it felt like bubs scraped along it all the way from front to back but worse than I had ever felt. OUCH!

But I can definitely tell bubs is staying put for now, hence why the thought of induction is worrying me cause I'm pretty certain this bubs is staying put.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope bubs comes before you have to be induced, fingers crossed!

    Just wondering, how do you sit with your pelvis open? I have never heard of tha before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wee bubba comes before induction too, BUT I just have to say, you were amazing in your last birth, so if it does come to that I know you can still have the birth you want. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete