Wednesday, April 20, 2011

35 weeks - Tues 19th April - 3 weeks till preasure to induce zone.

Week 35 Update:

WEIGHT:

109kgs. So a 4 kg gain in 35 weeks. Quite steadily loosing weight!


BELLY

I haven't measured it myself but the OB did my fundal height and it's 38 :O


BABY KICKAGE!

Was quiet for a day and a half apart from the odd little jab which worried me as we were flooded in and couldn't get the car down the raod, but on Thursday evening bubs squirmed up a storm and made mumma happy. Has been doing it's usual squirmies ever since. Lots of preasure on my hip/pelvic bones and lots of bum wiggles up top.


BRAXTON HICKS

Getting more when I go out of the house and walk abit. Due to my new OB's visit I am now going to be doing alot more exercise to get things moving quicker. Although I could really go a bath right now as my pelvis at the front is aching, but I'll hold off a bit and have one soon. I love having a bath again. 2 and a half years or more with no bath almost killed me.

FEELING

Very, very angry at my new OB. Scare tactics in the form of "stillbirth" and "placenta previa".
I'm also all loved up with how my internet friends are so bloody sweet and generous!
Have been crying alot the last two days.

SLEEP

Have been sleeping on the couch as it is softer on my hips.


BABY STUFF

Received another tommee tippee bottle in the mail from a very kind internet friend and it is still too big for my breast pump. I give up. I can use the slim long bottles so will pick up a couple from the op shop. New tommee tippees are quite expensive and I can't find the size I need.
My friend also sent me a $50 gift voucher with the bottle. Did I cry much? YES! How gorgeous is she??!!
So today I bought 2 x 3packs of onesies in boy and girl colours and I'll take one of each to the hospital as the coming home outfit. I also got a 5 pack of unisex bibs. They are SO CUTE! Whatever sex I don't use, I'll either return as I have kept the receipt or I'll gift them to a friend, whoever is having the opposite to what I'm having lol. Pay it forward type thing.
I also have bought a very cute beanie (secondhand) although it's boyish, so will have to wait and see about that. Saw an adorable pink cardie at the op shop today but held off lol.


NATE

Nate is still pooing his pants when his brother stays for the weekend which is a huge pain. Hopefully the 'time out' punishment will sink in soon when he realises it's quicker to go to the loo than do it in his pants as he says he is too busy playing. It takes this kid a while to catch on sometimes!
He has also been wetting his bed, but generally he is ok if we can get him to bed while he's still awake as we can then take him to the toilet first, although sometimes he passes out on the couch before we even realise.
He must be having a growth spurt as he is also eating lots more. He has his 4yo needles coming up too. I think I'll book him in at the same time bubs has it's first needles. That's not going to be fun.


DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS

First OB appointment at the new hospital did NOT go well :(
Had a go at me for not doing a 20 week scan. Pretty much made me schedule on in to check on amniotic fluid levels and placenta location. I only agreed as long as the do not make a fuss over the size of the baby. I KNOW I'm expecting a large one, I do NOT need anyone telling me "OMG it's a monster" Grrrrrrr.
Even though I didn't want scans I'm OK with checking on those things and I'm going to make the most out of it and just enjoy the chance to see our baby and guess if it looks like a boy or a girl. No money shots please!!!
He's also expecting me to have bi weekly CTG tests. Checking bubs heartbeat.
AND he wants to induce me at 38 weeks due to my GD and the higher possiblility of "stillbirth" which he really pushed on about, hence the CTG's.
NOT HAPPY JAN.
So far I'm just taking it as it comes, I'll decide what I will do as I go along....
Bubs CTG after the OB appointment was great. HB was between 155 + 160 give or take a few.
Nate can be in the room with me while I labour.
If I'm continuously monitored like they want to do (we shall see about that) I will not be allowed in the bath but may be allowed in the shower. I may be allowed my herbal bath after birth.
Shaun can stay in the room with me after birth if he wants too, he is not restricted to visiting hours.
I may have to be there for bubs to be monitored for 3 - 4 days. So much for the 24 hours I was told it would be!

LABOUR SIGNS?

Pre Labour pains and Braxton Hicks.
No mucous plug or show as yet.


GD?

Still struggling to eat a bit but appetitie is coming back. OB says my GD is "uncontrolled". My arse it is, PRICK :(


ANYTHING ELSE?

Have been offered a KS mattress for $100 almost band new. Just waiting till May till we have the $100 and till we can get Shaun's Dad to help us pick it up.

Still haven't touched the messy play room. I can't bend down to pick anything up. Well I can, but it hurts and is hard to breathe, so I'll stick with "I Can't" lol.

My belly button will never pop out but it does push itself out when I cough or when bubs moves under it. I love it. Shaun hates it.

Am still trying to pay off household bills. Managed '6 months of rego' paid this F/N. Now just have to cover electricity, phone, kinder and the mattress. Phone credit for when bubs arrives would also be nice!

Have started drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea already. This baby MAY need to come early now. I DO NOT WANT TO BE INDUCED!

I also got some mini syringes to start expressing colostrum to help babies blood sugar level when it is born, so we can leave the hospital faster if it doesn't get jaundiced, otherwise they need 3 good blood sugar readings before we leave. Will be doing this daily if my sore nipples can take the punishment. I did it for hours last night and only got 0.1ml out of each boob.

No comments:

Post a Comment