Sunday, April 17, 2011

34weeks + 4 days - Sunday 17th April

Just wanted to check in and give a mid week update before I forget!

We got flooded in again this week. Overnight it didn't stop raining and we woke up to a river with broken banks, covering the only road in and out of our place. This has so far happened twice now, but this time Shaun didn't even want to try walking through it!!
It rained for two more days then started to dry up. Shaun's son was finally able to go home 4 days later, but had to be carried to the other side of the water so his mum could take him home in time for her birthday party. On Friday we were JUST able to get the car out and we took a walk down the shops. It was nice to get out of the house!

Trust bubs to scare me while we were stuck in too. Generally bubs is a big mover. Not so much kicking, but squirming. I get lots of movement down in my pelvis and a bum rubbing up the top, with the occasional foot kick out to the side.
But bubs got quiet. Wednesday morning till Thursday evening. I was getting ready to call an ambulance to meet me on the other side of the water to take me for a check up! I'd had 2 or 3 movements but nothing substantial. But bubs started squirming around like normal on Thursday evening and made me feel better again. Cheeky baby.
It made us realise that if we think it's raining too much we need to move the car up the road so if we get flooded in again and I go into labour we can wade through the water to get to hospital! Otherwise it will be an ambulance call and a possible fight to get Shaun and Nate in the ambo to come with me! No way I'd go without them. Or I might get my homebirth! lol.
Once we have bubs we will be getting Shaun's car on the road with the baby bonus money and then things will be easier with 2 cars.

Also had some Pre Labour pains the other night after we went for the walk. I was having Braxton Hicks before we left the house about 1 - 2pm. But by the time we got home it felt painful. If you can imagine a "snappy" (Google if you need too) You use them instead of pins on cloth nappies. Anyway it felt like I had one of those, upside down, inside my body, attached to both sides of my pelvis and up towards my belly button and it was pulling my muscles inwards. My normal BH's are just my belly and pelvis tightening a bit, but this was getting a bit sore. So I hopped in the bath and read a book for an hour or so and they thankfully went away. Am so not ready for bubs to come yet - psychologically.

Hasn't happened again since - BUT.

Now I can't sleep well. I've been tossing and turning alot as I'm not used to only sleeping on my sides, but now it's PAINFUL. The last two nights, by 3 - 3.30am I am in so much pain in my hips I can no longer lie down. I tried to sleep through it Fri night, but last night I gave up. At 3.30am I was up watching a recorded "SAW". I figured it was my best time to watch it as the other BOYS in the house don't like (or aren't allowed to watch) scary movies. Thankfully the couch is a bit softer, so I can lie half on my hips and half on my back. I heated up my wheat bag and lied on that for a while. But once my hips are sore, they are so difficult to lie on. Tonight I'm going to try sleeping all night on the couch. Not the most comfortable spot, but it's softer than the beds. I finally managed to go back to sleep about 6.30am, but Nate was up at 7am and Shaun wanted a sleep in, so I might need a nap later! Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch for a few hours. Think I might take another bath soon as my lower back and hips are still aching.



*TMI TIME*

I've noticed more CM starting. I'm wetter down there and not just when I cough. Stupid month long cough :(
Will need to get some more panty liners next week as I'm onto my last one today.
Bubs also seems to be engaged alot more often as I'm finding I have a constant need to pee, even when i really don't have to pee.
I have gotten constipated with the insulin. Which has now seemed to increase my hemmeroids. It's now even harder to wipe my bum :( But thankfully I hardly poo, so I can shower afterwards! I just have to wait till my body decides to push it out itself. Birth training!!

I've been trying to drink more water and have noticed an increase in colostum. I need to drink even more though, I think that was one of my main breastfeeding issues with Nate. I just don't hydrate enough.
It even squirted out a tiny bit yesterday when I was showing Nate my milk. THAT I didn't expect. Doubt I could do it again though. Guess I just hit the right spot!
I'm going to ask at the new hospital on Tuesday if I can have a couple of small needles to collect some colostum in and to freeze, to help bubs with LBS which I'm sure it will have.
I need another way of hydrating myself though. I can't keep up my water intake with what is leaving my body.

I did a sneaky weigh in today. 109kgs. The way I'm going, i'll be under 100kgs when bubs pops out!

No comments:

Post a Comment