So I've been diagnosed with GD.
I couldn't wait for the phone call any longer and called my Doctor. He didn't call me back till almost 7pm (Overworked much?) and said "You definietely have diabetes."
Gee Thanks for the late notice Doc. Grrrr.
So do I feel like I do?
Well yes actually I do and have felt like it for a few days at least. I don't normally get headaches but I've yet to have a day at least in the last week without one. Normally at night after dinner (Proabably high blood sugar?) and now they are starting first thing in the morning too :( I don't normally get them so even the slightest headache is yucky. In fact I have one now. I'm not hungry but it is dinner time. I'm yet to see my Midwife about it as they are not working on Monday due to a public Holiday here so the next appt I could get was Thursday. So I have no idea if my sugar is up or down right now.
I've been avoiding cordial which I have been addicted too :( Will need to get some low joule type. Have been drinking water with lemon juice this arvo but I'll get sick of that real soon. Will need to buy some sweetener next time I buy coffee for my one morning coffee and caffeine free tea.
Even though I'm not hungry I can't wait for the roast to be ready so this darned headache will go away, even for just a minute!
Oh, that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. But I guess at least now you know what you can do to manage it and feel well. How is your blood pressure?? Headaches can sometimes come from high bp too.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well other than that.
xo
Oh bugger, Im sorry to hear that. But Ashwee is right, knowing is the first step to feeling better. I hope you get some relief from the headaches soon.
ReplyDelete