Week 28 Update:
WEIGHT:
Down a little. Dr has asked that I put on no more weight. Pressure much??!!
113.5kgs. So a 8.5kg gain in 28 weeks.
BELLY
128ish. Down 1 cm??!!
Yet DR says I'm measuring ahead. I have noticed my belly is higher at the top with lots more kicks near my boobs.
BABY KICKAGE!
Kicks are now above my belly button up near my boobs. Dr believes baby is head down (when he felt for it - OUCH! Be gentle man!) But doesn't agree with the Midwifes Doppler techniques. I was against having the Doppler, but have felt a bit weary about which direction bubs was facing as this hospital does NOT do vaginal breech births. Although if this issue does arise, I'll just change hospitals!
Lots of ouchy punches to the pelvis and bladder.
BRAXTON HICKS
Not as obvious this week although belly does get rock hard after dinner time. Probably a cause of eating too much!
FEELING
Excited about the birth and new baby. Sad I most likely won't ever be pregnant again. Can't decide which most of the time.
SLEEP
Shaun is still sleeping in Nate's room. I have put in a few requests for a King Size Matress at some local Op shops. They don't normally get them though, so will also have to try elsewhere too. I'm sleeping OK. Still tossing and turning quite alot though.
BABY STUFF
Bought 2 nappy covers from the op shop for 50c each. Small one is white, bigger one is pale pink (Theory is I can hide it under pants if it's a boy. lol. Or for 50c if I don't use it, it won't kill me.)
NATE
Have just organised an advance on our Family Tax Benefit A to get him into 3yo Kinder as we got a call that there was a place available. Hopefully it still is. Think we just need to cover an extra $20 or so as the lady who called wasn't 100% sure of fees. But the advance will cover most of 2 terms, then we can get another avance the start of July. We will also get a little bit back from Medicare with the receipt.
Nate had his second swimming lesson and the new class was a bit easier for him. Pretty muchwas the same as the other class, same teacher too, but she was a bit easier on him this time. I was very proud of him. At one stage he refused to do something and the teacher grabbed him and did it and he said "Again mum! I wan't to do it again!" So that was great! He ca also swim by himself with a noodle (long floating bit of foam) I just need to be close as he doesn't yet have any balance. So proud of him. And I'm LOVING the warm water too.
DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS
I failed my 1st GD test :( I had a result of 8.0. Nates result was 7.7 and I was deemed as a pass.
I have booked my 2 hour GTT for next Monday at 9am. I need to fast from 10pm the night before. (I normally do that anyway so no drama, although I'll miss my morning coffee.)
I'm worried I'll fail as I had some sweet softdrink last night and had a dizzy feeling and a headache for most of the night. Similar to how I felt after my first GD test :(
ANYTHING ELSE?
Am thinking of testing out or fireplace (ie our ONLY heating in the house) on the next cold night.
Am thinking of getting 2 single mattresses to fit on the King Bed Base if we can't get a King Size.
Am thinking we need some cheap heaters. The two electric ones we do have but don't use will probably cost heaps to run! I'm already scared shitless of our first electricity bill!
My 2nd Glucose test on MONDAY! AARRGGHhh!
Good luck with the glucose test on Monday, fingers crossed it is ok.
ReplyDelete