Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 weeks - Tues 15th Mar - 7 weeks till safe zone

Week 30 Update:

WEIGHT:

114kgs. So a 9kg gain in 30 weeks.


BELLY
0.5cm change! 129.5cm.


BABY KICKAGE!

Lots more movement up top near my boobs. I'm still unsure if it's a head or a bum. Bubs could have changed position since it was last checked.
Kickage is quite painful this time round. I enjoyed Nate's kicks. I do enjoy these ones too but I tend to yell out "ouch" ALOT more often!


BRAXTON HICKS

I DEFINITELY have them now. I've actually heard of the term "irritable uterus" and I believe strongly that's what I had with Nate's pregnancy. The BH's where just horrible and I believe they had alot to do with him being born early.
This time I haven't been working and I've been doing LOADS of couch rest! Mainly cause I'm bloody lazy and also cause I have nowhere to go and not enough money for petrol! I could walk up our road and I keep meaning too, but again, I'm terribly lazy.
But on the odd occasions I have done stuff this last week I have been left with strong BH's. Shaun, Nate and I went river fishing this week and although I was mostly sitting on the wooden benches provided I ended up with strong BH's for the rest of the night.
We went shopping on Tuesday (yesterday) and walking round, I found it hard to breathe and I was quite hot and my tummy was oh so tight!
So I believe I still have an irritable uterus and I hope this rest is actually doing me good. Cause when I rest the occasional BH's I do get are bearable.


FEELING

Sad that I have been diagnosed with GD.
Since finding out my headaches have been getting worse and more often, but I am also being careful of what and how much I eat so I think I am getting better at controlling the headaches before they kick in and after meals.
Although my midwife appointment to talk about my GD and get me set up isn't till Thursday (tommorrow) so will have to wait till then to see what they can offer me in regads to the blood sugar level testing kit. I hope I can get it for free as I REALLY can not afford anything ATM. There are TOO MANY other things I need money for.


SLEEP

Have been sleeping in Nate's room on the double bottom bunk as the bed feels safer (I hate our other bed, the wooden railings under the mattress always slip and scare me) and this way I'm not bothering Shaun with my constant rolling over. He has also been sick so a good night sleep while I tend to anything Nate needs, like to go to the toilet, or a drink, or just to know if I'm there, as that was keeping Shaun awake most of the night when he was in with Nate.
I have been sleeping quite well most nights. I wake up and feel like I haven't moved all night, although I'm sure I've rolled over and over heaps!


BABY STUFF

I bought myself a new top from a car boot sale for $3. Still with the tag! Nothing new for baby as I just can't think what else we will need.
I have moved baby's cot into the spare room next to the shell of our King Size Bed to see if it fits and it does. We just need screws to put the bed frame together and a KS mattress or 2 singles. I will also need to see how the cot goes in height comparison once we have a mattress as I may need to alter it with some foam or spare blankets so there are no gaps between.


NATE

I've felt the need to cancel Nate's swimming lessons as I couldn't stand the mid lesson tantrums. He's just too scared to put his face near the water and he now is scared of the teacher. So if we want to go swimming I'll just pay the entry fees.
He's totally in love with my belly aka the baby. He kisses it, tickles it, sings to it, raspberries it. All very very cute. Not sure how he's going to be when or if I'm unable to give him a cuddle when he wants one though.

DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS

Midwife GD appointment - 17th Mar
Midwife appt - 22nd Mar
Dr appt - 24th Mar


ANYTHING ELSE?

Shaun's birthday 21 Mar.

Shauns PS3 has developed the YLOD. Yellow Light of Death. We can't afford to get it fixed and we can't afford to buy a second hand one again and it gets used EVERY DAY! So we have looked on Youtube and have found a way t try and fix it. Either it works or it doesn't. Either way there is a 50% chance of it working again for a while and that's better than nothing.

I've also looked into why Nate's DS Lite isn't working and it's pretty much the same thing as the PS3 but it looks a bit harder to fix. So I don't know what I will do about that. I'm currently checking ebay otheriwse I think we can get one second hand from a game shop for abut $57 but that's not urgent. Poor Nate is lost without the occasional game to play. Jarrod will go nuts too next he visits! But we do still have the Wii, it's just too hard for Nate and we have the PS2 but all the games are scratched and don't work :(

Then next fortnight's wages go towards Nate's 4th Birthday. I picked up a few choice Themed Items from Spotlights 20% off sale and although it cost a bit to drive there I think it was worth it. I saved about $7 at the shop. I would have saved about $5 alone just on the candles if I had tried to buy them off ebay, plus all the added postage on the other items I think would add up to the cost of petrol! Plus Shaun was able to find the leather band/cover he'd been searching for, for his dad's 18th birthday watch he has inherited from him. It doesn't work yet as it needs a service but he loves it. And we where able to find the 2 last items we need to try and fix the PS3, so might be giving that a go tonight. Wish us luck! Arrgghh!

The fortnight after that (we get paid by centrelink fortnightly and never have any money left by the second week! lol :( Anyway the next wage is to cover Easter. We also have Rego and Insurance due in early May and I'm sure we will have our first scary scary electricity bill by then.

Then the next fortnight I will be 37 weeks preganant, if we even make it that far as I didn't with Nate.

Somewhere in that time I need to get the rest of our stuff out of storage over 2 hours drive away (one way) and maybe a second trip if it doesn't all fit in the car. That also includes the baby's car seat and pram. Then I have to figure out if we can even fit the second car seat in my car. As we were HOPING we would have Shaun's car on the road by now but that is looking 100% IMPOSSIBLE :( Cries. Gee I really hope we can fit it in the car!

So much money needed and so little coming in. What a hell of a world we live in.

Also can't forget to mention the horrific earthquake and tsunami in Japan this week :(

1 comment:

  1. Are there any local jobs your hubby can get to help out with bubs coming??? Sucks that the world revolves around money huh :(

    ReplyDelete