Hello all.
Just wanted to update you all on my midwife visit.
I have decided at this stage to just "wait and see".
As we are currently both jobless (I'm hoping to stay a SAHM) and we are also homeless, currently waiting to get Shaun's secondhand car roadworthy, rego'd and insured, then we can look for a rental of our own. We are staying with FIL for the time being.
A homebirth is just too far out of our reach. Even with the baby bonus, I was hoping to pay off our maxed out credit card with just over half of that.
So I have looked at the local "low risk" hospital. I hate it. So I'm going to look at the next closest one and see what that's like.
The midwife was LOVELY and said she could arrange a payment plan for us and everything.
She also gave me the option of seeing the midwives at the hospital so it's cheaper than her $100 per visit and then just book her after I'm 37 weeks. As I went into labour at 36w & 2 days with my first, if that happened again, and I had booked her already, I would have to go to hospital but I would still need to pay all her fees too.
Whereas if I book her later (If she's still available - she assured me she most likely would be) then I won't have to pay her per visit and she would drop the booking in fee.
BUT that means I would still have to pay alot, as she requires a second midwife as backup and I have to pay their fees too. So it's just a bit out of our grasp for now.
But we have 30ish weeks to get our sh*t sorted and if Shaun gets a (good-ish) job between now and then, I may just get my HB after all.
I really hope the other hospital is nicer than the local one
Was ALMOST sick in the car yesterday. Turning around to give Nate something is NOT a good idea on an empty stomach. I just couldn't decide what to have for breakfast before we left so I didn't get to eat till after 1pm and I was STARVED! Thankfully deep breathing helped stop me!
Other than that I've still only been a little queazy when I haven't eaten or get hungry, and am still very tired all the time.
I Hope the other hospital is better. You want to feel comfortable when youre having bubs.
ReplyDeleteEverything will work out :o)