Sorry I have been MIA.
We moved house at the begining of Dec and discovered we had barely any mobile coverage so our phones didn't work and our wireless internet didn't work. The only time we could use either was halfway up a ladder on top of the tool shed. Not a good place to stand when you're fat and pregnant! So we cancelled the wireless ($1000 bill OUCH - Stupid Wireless) and we finally got the home phone connected and have 25gig broadband instead of the 6gig wireless. So hopefully no more going over gigage and getting huge bills. And we get great coverage and people can call us now! Yay! Only took Telstra 3 weeks to get their shit together and come and fix our broken phone line.
Anyway back to bubs.
WE HAVE KICKAGE!
Started feeling baby kick for sure at about 17 weeks - 14th to the 21st of DEC.
Then during week 18 on the 23rd of Dec I felt baby kick from the outside!
It's amazing how fast they get stronger and stronger once you can feel them.
Nate "Heard" bubba kick at 20 weeks on the 4th of Jan as he was resting his head on my belly. He still can't sit still long enough to FEEL a kick!
Shaun felt his first kick when we were lying in bed at 11.26pm at 21 weeks on the 14th Jan. LOL.
I mainly feel kicks low down just above my pubic line, so I think baby is head up still, with only the odd kick up around my belly button.
I love being able to SEE the kicks now too. Makes it so much more REAL. I keep forgetting I'm pregnant till I start getting boots to the VJ again.
BOOBS
No sign of milk yet. With Nate I discovered it at 26+2 so am keeping a close eye on it.
WEIGHT
Started off at 105kgs.
Am now 113 - 114kgs.
About 8 - 9ish kgs.
My weight has been steady since the week after Xmas. I gained about 2ish kgs over Xmas and then it has settled again. I'm doing well keeping off the sweets and desserts and takeaway. Being broke and being so far from a Supermarket and Takeaway shop is helping! Although I really NEED pizza. *Cries*
This time with Nate I had gained 19kgs!! Big difference. But I was still only 93kgs at 24 weeks as I started at about 74kgs.
BELLY
Is holding steady at 129ish cm. Hasn't changed in weeks!
With Nate the last measurement I can find was 124cm at my baby shower, the day before I turned 34 weeks. Nate was born at 36 + 2 days. In the photos I look HUGE! But I guess all my back fat and width and muffin top this time round is contributing to all the extra cm's.
Lots of new red stretchmarks. I barely had and red ones with Nate. Just one tiny one which has now grown huge and is amongst lots of others :(
BRAXTON HICKS
None that I can really notice yet. I get the very occasional feeling that baby is stretching, and I remember that's what I thought it was with Nate too till I learnt about BH's. So I'm sure I'm getting them, just not obvious yet, which I am really happy about as they were really bad with Nate. To the point I didn't believe I was in labour till my water broke. This time around, not being at work, I SHOULD understand and notice my body more than last time.
FEELING
I was falling asleep on the couch every afternoon, but I started taking my preggy vitamins again as I'd been slack and that seemed to help. I can now stay awake till late at night. I still feel a bit tired, but it passes. It also helps that I sit on my bum all day cause we have no money to go anywhere and Shaun lets me sleep in. But when I do go out, my feet begin to hurt really quickly and I need to sit down alot. Also my emotional stage is HIGHLY fragile and I can lose the plot in the blink of an eyelid.
SLEEP
Is still ok, although I do have lots of restless leg moments now. Shaun says I'm snoring more and talking in my sleep. LOTS of VIVID dreams. My family is featuring in them alot of late. My libido has returned ;) Much better than being celebate because of bleeds like I was with Nate. No bleeds this time around thankfully! Although Shaun can still never keep up :( Vibrating Butterfly from Sexpo is getting a good workout hehehe. Best Purchase Ever.
BABY STUFF
I have gone through all the baby clothes I have kept and been given. I still have heaps to chose from whether we have a boy or a girl so we are OK there.
I bought a pram/carseat before we left the shop. Just have to get it out of storage.
Still have Nates Cot and Mattress. The Mattress is perfect so I'm not replacing it. Nate didn't use it for long anyway. He mainly slept with us from age 1 onwards.
We need a king size bed. We have the frame, just need to organise some screws which we lost in the move to put it together and then maybe 2 single mattresses as they will be cheaper second hand probably. But need Shaun's Car on the road so we can borrow a trailer before that happens. My car doesn't have a tow ball.
I wan't a rectangle bassinette, like the one we borrowed off family, that will fit my beautiful sheet set. I'm sure I'll be able to get one off Ebay for about 50ish bucks. Just need the money first. The one we borrowed I believe is still being used by another family member. But I'll ask closer to due date as they may have finished with it by then.
Still have Nate's high chair and breast pump.
Would LOVE glass feeding bottles, but won't get them unless breastfeeding goes pearshaped.
Am getting some handmedown cloth nappies and covers. My friends can be so bloody nice! Still have my all in one Fuzzy Bunz too. Really want to be able to use the pink one!!!!!
NATE
Is gorgeous as ever. I really want him to be in the birth room with me seeing as I'm not getting my home birth. Hopefully he will be awake! So I'm slowly teaching him stuff.
Some priceless comments have been:
Have your boobies got milk in them yet?
Is baby crying in your tummy?
Is baby eating your dinner too?
and just now when I mentioned my ankles surprisingly weren't swollen in this heat but the tops of my feet are filled with fluid, Nate yelled to my feet- Fluid you get out of there!
He always wants to give baby kisses and raspberrys. It's very sweet. But I'm sick to death of his bony elbows to the belly! lol.
After his 4th birthday on the 13th of April, I'm going to plonk my bum back on the couch to try to keep this baby inside till 37 weeks or I will be sent to a far away hospital and I really really don't want that :(
DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS
My DR has already said my BP was high, although I did say I felt a bit nervous and it was a hot day. It was my first time meeting him and I was a bit nervous even though he is lovely! He has requested wee samples at each visit and he is making me get the Gestational Diabeties test, which I am now a bit scared about. He said I was borderline being accepted to his tiny hospital as I'm overweight and I've previously had a premmy baby (High Risk). But because Nate's birth was so straightforward, he's letting me stay. So I REALLY hope these tests don't backfire on me. The hospital is so sweet. One labour room and two ward rooms. So tiny. But I forgot to ask if Nate can be in with me. If they say no, I'll go to my first choice hospital. It's bigger and further away, but I want my "homebirth like" experience the closest I can get to it without actually having one. Even if it means driving further to see doctors and while in labour.
SHAUN
Is still jobless. It will be easier to apply for jobs now we have a home phone and are contactable. Although he still doesn't want to leave me alone with no car. But if it gets his car on the road faster by us having more money, I don't have a problem with it.
He is a bit freaked out about my mood swings and is still saying no to my dreams of being a surrogate in the future :( I'll make him come round though - somehow.
Umm not sure what else to write....lol
Will hopefully be back for more updates next week.
Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment